TEXTBOOK IS REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE, if you do not have a textbook you will be asked to purchase one during checkout or the day of class for $18.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
American Heart Association
BLS Course Offerings
The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Course teaches CPR skills for helping victims of all ages (including doing ventilation with a barrier device, a bag-mask device, and oxygen); use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
This course is intended for participants who provide healthcare to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out-of-hospital, for certified or non-certified, licensed or non-licensed healthcare providers.
This course is approximately 4 hours
Healthcare providers, such as:
- Emergency medical technicians,
- Respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists,
- Physician’s assistants, residents or fellows, or
- Medical or nursing students in training, aides, medical or nursing assistants,
- Police officers, and
- other allied health personnel.